Monday, January 13, 2014

Girls who ROCK: "How to be GorJess"

by Jessica of  "Hey GorJess

    

A lot of these tips literally start from within and then radiate to the outside! So its like getting two in one! I hope you find them helpful -J

Have Faith
The first and most important way to be beautiful inside and out is to keep God first. 
Keeping Him in the center of your life will give you joy, peace, and love that will give you a glow and light to share with others. 

Be Educated
An educated woman is so attractive! So if you are in school, work hard to get the best grades you can! And if not—never stop learning! My new years resolution is to read one book a month! There is sooo much wisdom out there and we are just letting it go to waste if we don’t use it! There are also so many awesome informative blogs out there. So read as much as possible.



Eat Healthy
This is super important. If you want to be beautiful on the inside, it is important to eat your greens and drink plenty of water. One of the best ways to get your greens is to drink green smoothies. (I have a recipe for my green smoothies here.) It helps to get greens into your body easily and quickly. Plus it makes a huge difference on your skin, hair and body. It is full of “beauty” foods such as spinach, and celery. And then when it comes to water—drink half of your body weight in ounces. So if you weight 120 lbs, drink at least 60 ounces of water a day! This will help with maintaining a healthy weight and getting clear, glowing skin.

Travel
I absolutely love to travel. It is truly one of my passions. I don’t do it enough, but I try to as much as possible. Traveling is not only tons of fun, but it helps you become a well-rounded person. You get to learn about different cultures and apply them to your life. And if you can travel alone—even better! One time I went to Costa Rica on a mission trip with a group of people I didn’t know at all. It was terrifying, but it taught me so much about myself and helped me to be more independent. 




Spend time with friends and family
These days we are all so busy with work, school, and whatever else. But don’t forget to spend time with the people you love. It brings so much joy when I spend time with my friends and family and it makes me a happier and more fun person. 

Be thankful for what you have 
It so easy to compare your life to other’s. Especially with social media—everyone else’s life seems better than our own. But by the being thankful for what you have, you will be more appreciative and content. 




Exercise
Exercise is essential for everyone! It keeps you healthy, gives you more energy, and of course keeps you in shape. If you can workout even just 3 times a week, that’ll make a difference. And if you can’t make it to a gym, work out a home! Buy some dumbbells, a wheel, and ankle weights and you’re set! I worked out with those three things two days ago and I am still so sore! Lol I had a great workout with them. 

Take care of your skin 
This can be a little difficult to do because so many of us struggle to have clear skin. I personally had a tough time getting clear skin until recently. But I’ve finally found a regimen that works for me. I use African Black Soap to wash my face, Apple Cider Vinegar as my toner, an acne cream I got from my dermatologist for whenever I get breakouts, and Coconut Oil as my moisturizer! So it is mostly natural and super healthy for your skin! I also use Bentonite Clay with apple cider vinegar about once or twice a week as a mask to help prevent breakouts as well. (You can read more details about my skincare regimen here.)




Take care of your hair
These might seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many women neglect their 
skin and hair at times. So make sure you are deep conditioning it, trimming your ends, and styling it the healthiest way for your hair type. 

Shop on a budget 
You don’t have to spend a whole lot of money to dress nice! You can shop at outlets, get things on sale, or even shop at places like Forever21 and H&M! They both have great clothes that are super cute! 

And that’s all! If you have any other questions or ideas you’d like to share you can email me at Jessica@heygorjess.com and/or check me out on YouTube and social media!

Blog: www.heygorjess.com

YouTube: www.youtube.com/heygorjess1

Instagram: www.instagram.com/heygorjess

Facebook. www.facebook.com/heygorjess

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/heygorjess

Thank you Forever Natural for featuring me! -J

No comments:

Post a Comment