Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Girls who ROCK: Ashley (Fab)Ellis, Thrifting for Events 101

This lady is simply FabEllis and today, she will be sharing a few strategies about thrifting for events! That's right, you can buy more than just clothing from the thrift store. If you want to learn how to save a few bucks for event. Check this post out! 







All about Ms. FabEllis! 
My name is Ashley, but most people online know me as FabEllis.  I created the online blog FabEllis almost three years ago and it centers on beauty, fashion and natural hair.  Beyond blogging, I am a writer, music lover and thrift shopper.

Why I ROCK!
I rock because I'm not afraid to be the person God created me to be.  

Give a description of what you will be talking about on the feature
In this feature, I will be talking about how I incorporate my love for thrift shopping into event planning.  




When Thrift shopping for an event, where do you draw inspiration?
I generally draw inspiration by first creating a list of everything needed for the event.  From there, I then begin to visit local thrift stores to find my needs and if I want to be elaborate, I will use Pinterest for inspiration.

What do you look for when thrifting for an event?
When thrifting for an event, I generally tend to look for gently used or unopened items. Believe it or not, many of the items I have used were unopened.




Do you purchase items mainly from thrift stores when planning an event?
When planning for an event, I mainly purchase items from thrift stores or Dollar Tree.  They are both filled with a variety of quality items.

Do you think you can train your eye to see treasure in something that looks unusable? 
I do believe you can train your eye to find use in things that look unusable.  It's all about expanding your mind.  Rather than thinking of what you can use it for right now, think about your home, your needs and even use Pinterest for inspiration before going.




Why do you think thrifing for events is beneficial? 
It certainly saves money. It also allows me to show my readers affordable things that can be purchased from thrift shops beyond clothing.

What can you do with a $100 budget?
Whew!  I can do a lot.  With $100 budget, I can purchase decorations, name tags, gift bags, etc.

Are there any thrift stores that you would recommend?
I would highly recommend Goodwill and Salvation Army.




For more information on Ashley please visit her website: http://www.fabellis.com

Follow her:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/missfabellis
Twitter: https://twitter.com/missfabellis

2 comments:

  1. Go Ash! Great feature - I am a HUGE thrifter so this post was right up my ally.

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.cm

    ReplyDelete