Friday, November 15, 2013

No Make Up November!




Recently, I was contacted by Alexandria a.k.a. "SongStress A" to have a picture of me without wearing make-up featured on her "No Make-up November" challenge. This is all about skipping the primer, concealer, etc., and going natural for the entire month of November. Although, it's mid-November, I want to participate! I took a fresh picture this morning without any make-up and with wild hair and sent it over fast before I changed my mind. There is something very vulnerable about taking photos like this especially because we live in a world that praises beauty and perfection.

According to Alexandria, the purpose of this is all about " being make-up free and expressing our pride towards natural, cosmetic-less beauty!" I simply LOVE this idea and am ready to take on the challenge. 

Alexandria stated on her blog that she's become more interested in wearing make-up recently and I've also started wearing more make-up and have been experimenting with things like concealer and contouring. Of which, I've often been reluctant to try for fear of having to mask my blemishes everyday. I don't have the energy or desire to wear make-up everyday, but I do like wearing it occasionally.  

I'm not against wearing make-up, but I do think it's very important to take care of your skin first. My goal lately is to find the simplest and least expensive way to care for my skin. After trying a variety of different commercial products, I've found that what my skin likes most is water. That's right, plain-ole-water! 

I cleanse my face with hot water everyday and exfoliate using exfoliation gloves with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap once or twice a week. To moisturize my face, I like avocado oil or "Dream Cream" made by Lush. 



Although this challenge is only for the month of November, it's a great way to create awareness for appreciating and caring for our skin. 


Click here For more information on No Make Up November and to be featured as a "No Make-Up Beauty of the Week" send a pic of yourself without make-up to:
songstressaw@gmail.com 

What are your thoughts on No Make Up November and are you going to participate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment